Welcome to St. Louis Park!
St. Louis Park is a city in Hennepin County about 5 minutes away from downtown Minneapolis. St. Louis Park is a first ring suburb and is adjacent to Edina, Golden Valley, Minnetonka, Plymouth, and Hopkins. It is a well populated city with around 45,000 residents.
St. Louis Park has been the birthplace or home to many famous people over the years:
- Joel and Ethan Coen (movie directors)
- Peter Himmelman (musician)
- Thomas Friedman (NY Times columnist)
- Al Franken (U.S. Senator)
- Dan Israel (songwriter)
- Sharon Isbin (guitarist)
- Pete Hautman (writer)
- Marc Trestman (football coach)
- Joe Nussbaum (film director)
Most homes in the community were built in the 40’s, 50’s and 60’s and are typically a rambler or two story with ~2,500 sq ft. Great starter homes for a growing family!
St. Louis Park is home to the St. Louis Park School District (ISD 283). There are also a handful of private schools located within city limits. Below are a list of all of the schools located within the city:
- Peter Hobart Elementary School
- Aquila Elementary School
- Susan Lindgren Elementary School
- Park Spanish Immersion School
- St. Louis Park Junior High School
- St. Louis Park High School
- Benilde-St. Margaret’s School
- Groves Academy
- Torah Academy of Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Jewish Day School
- Academy of Whole Learning
St. Louis Park is home to the ever popular shopping and entertainment destination, The West End. The West End is a popular shopping location with stores such as:
- Lululemon Athletica
- Charming Charlie
The West End is also flush with dining options:
- Yard House
- Rojo Mexican Grill
- Roku Sushi
- The Loop
The West End is also home to Showplace ICON Theater, a luxurious movie plex, and Punch Bowl Social — a new addition to the West End.
Parks & Recreation
St. Louis Park is home to an astonishing 61 city parks and plenty trails! Some of the featured parks in St. Louis Park are:
- Aquila Park – located on the West side of the city, Aquila Park has lighted softball diamonds, football fields, basketball courts, tennis courts, horseshoes and a playground.
- Oak Hill Park – also located on the West side of the city, Oak Hill is a popular spot in both the summer and winter months. Oak Hill Park has tons of picnic space, tables, and shelters throughout the park. The park also has a large snow sledding area along with a lighted skating rink.
St. Louis Park Rec Center is a great place to spend some free time. The Rec Center features an outdoor aquatic park, two indoor ice arenas, meeting and banquet facilities!
Real Estate Available in the Community
The majority of homes available in St. Louis Park are existing homes within neighborhoods established in the 40’s, 50’s and early 60’s. Depending on price range and what you are looking for you can find a well updated, maintained, and move-in-ready home to an older, outdated, in-need-of-TLC home ready for your remodel ideas!
St. Louis Park also has some townhome communities and condo complex options if a buyer doesn’t want to purchase a single family home.
Real Estate Market Data & Update
Most recent market data from Minneapolis Area Association of Realtors shows the following key indicators for the St. Louis Park real estate market:
- -5.1% change in new listings year-over-year
- +7.2% change in closed sales year-over-year
- +14.4% change in median sales price year-over-year
- $268,950 median sales prices